One of our favorite getaways from Vancouver is the awesome area around Tofino at Vancouver Island. Either take the ferry and drive the beautiful 3 hour there or take a float plane from the city. When in this paradise there is much to enjoy. Camp at the beach, stay at a B&B, rent a house of your own or stay at a luxurious resort. Do what ever feels right this time.
OUR FAV ACTIVITIES
1. Go Surfing - Wave surf at one of the many beaches on the outside of the peninsula or go Stand Up paddling in the calm waters of the inlet.
2. Kayaking - There is a never ending offering of stunning routes you can paddle .
3. Beach Wandering and find your own secret spot.
4. Visit Hot Springs Cove just north of Tofino. Our choice is to go by boat there watching wales, bears, wolves and eagles and take a floatplane back getting some breathtaking views from above.
5. Do the lighthouse hike in Ukluelet.
1. The fish tacos, the blackbean gringas and the mango-coconut milky shake at the original Tacofino food truck in the awesome surf and food pod.
2. Try all beers at Tofino Brewing Co - why not the Stout with actual Kelp in it?
3. For Good sake, do not miss out of indulging the potato crusted oysters at Wolf in the Fog.
4. Be Canadian and have a maple bacon donut at Rhino Coffee House.
5. Go crazy and have one of your meals in Ucluelet, there is a lot of good choices there too.
1. Rent a house - we just love Heron House and Cottage
2. Stay at a B&B - our top choice is Coast & Toast in Uculuelet. It has a great location and amazing breakfasts is served in your room every morning by the lovely hostess.
3. Stay at the beach in some rad, simple cabins at Ocean Village.